tip – מילון אנגלי-אנגלי
give a gratuity, give a sum of money to a person as a reward for their services; attach to the end or extremity of; spill; cause to slant, cause to overbalance so as to fall or turn over; be in a sloping position with one end higher than the other; touch lightly
gratuity, sum of money given to a person as a reward for their services; small piece of useful advice; top, summit; edge, point, nib, small piece fitted to the end of an object; slope, slant; (British) dump, garbage dumping site; (British informal) dirty place, messy place
may refer to:
Science and technology
- Tip (Unix utility), a software program for remote terminal sessions
- Tip and ring, two wires in a telephone line
- TIP (Terminal Interface Processor), used to provide terminal sessions on ARPANET
- TIP, Telepresence Interoperability Protocol used for Cisco TelePresence
- TIP, the TM Forum Integration Program
- The Treatise on Invertebrate Paleontology
- Traveling In-core Probe, used in nuclear reactors
- The tip, the most recently added changeset in the distributed revision control tool Mercurial
- TIP, name of early prototypes of the text editor program nano
- MasterCard's Terminal Integration Process (TIP)
- TIP, Threat Image Projection, a technology used in X-ray screening machines
- TIP31, a type of transistor
- IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, a scientific journal
) is a League of Legends
team competing in the North American League of Legends Championship Series
. The team was previously known as LMQ
and was founded as a sister team to Royal Club
that competed in the League of Legends Pro League
in China. The team moved to North America on December 15, 2013 and competed in the North American scene. The team previously competed under the name LMQ iBUYPOWER in representation of their former sponsor iBUYPOWER. On December 26, the team rebranded as Team Impulse.
1. the extreme end of something; especially something pointed
2. a relatively small amount of money given for services rendered (as by a waiter)
(synonym) gratuity, pourboire, baksheesh, bakshish, bakshis, backsheesh
(hypernym) fringe benefit, perquisite, perk
(hyponym) Christmas box
(derivation) fee, bung
3. an indication of potential opportunity; "he got a tip on the stock market"; "a good lead for a job"
(synonym) lead, steer, confidential information, wind, hint
(hypernym) guidance, counsel, counseling, counselling, direction
(derivation) tip off
4. a V shape; "the cannibal's teeth were filed to sharp points"
(synonym) point, peak
(hypernym) convex shape, convexity
(hyponym) widow's peak
(part-holonym) cone, conoid, cone shape
5. the top point of a mountain or hill; "the view from the peak was magnificent"; "they clambered to the summit of Monadnock"
(synonym) peak, crown, crest, top, summit
(hypernym) topographic point, place, spot
(hyponym) hilltop, brow
1. cause to tilt; "tip the screen upward"
(derivation) dump truck, dumper, tipper truck, tipper lorry, tip truck, tipper
2. mark with a tip; "tip the arrow with the small stone"
3. give a tip or gratuity to in return for a service, beyond the agreed-on compensation; "Remember to tip the waiter"; "fee the steward"
(synonym) fee, bung
(hypernym) give, gift, present
(derivation) gratuity, pourboire, baksheesh, bakshish, bakshis, backsheesh
4. cause to topple or tumble by pushing
(synonym) topple, tumble
(hypernym) push, force
5. to incline or bend from a vertical position; "She leaned over the banister"
(synonym) lean, tilt, slant, angle
(hypernym) bend, flex
(hyponym) slope, incline, pitch
(see-also) overturn, tip over, turn over, upset, knock over, bowl over, tump over
6. walk on one's toes
(synonym) tiptoe, tippytoe
7. strike lightly; "He tapped me on the shoulder"
8. give insider information or advise to; "He tipped off the police about the terrorist plot"
(synonym) tip off
(hypernym) advise, counsel
(derivation) lead, steer, confidential information, wind, hint
9. remove the tip from; "tip artichokes"
(hypernym) remove, take, take away, withdraw
(new spell.=Tipp) tip, clue, hint, subtle suggestion, something which helps to solve a problem
TIP (titre interbancaire de paiement)
payment agreement between the banks