skirt – מילון אנגלי-אנגלי
go around, bypass, circumvent; border; travel around the outer edge; avoid, dodge, evade
woman's garment which hangs down from the waist; section of a piece of clothing that hangs down from the waist; periphery, outlying area; rim, border, edge; (Slang) woman, girl (derogatory)
is a tube- or cone-shaped garment
that hangs from the waist
and covers all or part of the legs
is a nationally and locally branded website, magazine
and book publishing company all about women. They currently publish in 44 markets both digitally and in print.
1. cloth covering that forms the part of a garment below the waist
(hypernym) cloth covering
(part-meronym) lap, lap covering
2. a garment hanging from the waist; worn mainly by girls and women
(hyponym) ballet skirt, tutu
(part-meronym) box pleat
3. informal terms for a (young) woman
(synonym) dame, doll, wench, chick, bird
(hypernym) girl, miss, missy, young lady, young woman, fille
1. avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues); "He dodged the issue"; "she skirted the problem"; "They tend to evade their responsibilities"; "he evaded the questions skillfully"
(synonym) hedge, fudge, evade, put off, circumvent, parry, elude, dodge, duck, sidestep
2. pass around or about; move along the border; "The boat skirted the coast"
(hypernym) travel by, pass by, surpass, go past, go by, pass
3. form the edge of
(hypernym) bound, border
4. extend on all sides of simultaneously; encircle; "The forest surrounds my property"
(synonym) surround, border
(hypernym) touch, adjoin, meet, contact
vést/jít apod. kolem/podél čeho; lemovat; obklopit; vyhýbat se čemu; obejít co
sukně; lem; okraj
przemieszczać się wzdłuż brzegu; omijać