meet – מילון אנגלי-אנגלי
מילים נרדפות: athletics
, get by
gainly, suitable, proper (Old English)
encounter, place of meeting for a competition
encounter; come in contact with; assemble; come before; make acquaintance; satisfy; be on schedule; face or deal with someone or something
1. a meeting at which a number of athletic contests are held
(synonym) sports meeting
(hypernym) athletic contest, athletic competition, athletics
(part-meronym) track and field
(derivation) encounter, play, take on
1. come together; "I'll probably see you at the meeting"; "How nice to see you again!"
(synonym) ran into, encounter, run across, come across, see
(hyponym) intersect, cross
(verb-group) gather, assemble, forgather, foregather
2. get together socially or for a specific purpose
(synonym) get together
(hyponym) pick up
(derivation) sports meeting
3. be adjacent or come together; "The lines converge at this point"
(verb-group) touch, adjoin, contact
4. fill or meet a want or need
(synonym) satisfy, fill, fulfill, fulfil
(hypernym) provide, supply, ply, cater
5. satisfy a condition or restriction; "Does this paper meet the requirements for the degree?"
(synonym) fit, conform to
(hypernym) match, fit, correspond, check, jibe, gibe, tally, agree
6. satisfy or fulfill; "meet a need"; "this job doesn't match my dreams"
(synonym) match, cope with
(hypernym) cope, get by, make out, make do, contend, grapple, deal, manage
7. get to know; get acquainted with; "I met this really handsome guy at a bar last night!"; "we met in Singapore"
8. collect in one place; "We assembled in the church basement"; "Let's gather in the dining room"
(synonym) gather, assemble, forgather, foregather
(hyponym) group, aggroup
(verb-group) ran into, encounter, run across, come across, see
(derivation) meeting, get together
9. meet by design; be present at the arrival of; "Can you meet me at the train station?"
(hypernym) gather, assemble, forgather, foregather
(hyponym) meet up with
10. contend against an opponent in a sport, game, or battle; "Princeton plays Yale this weekend"; "Charlie likes to play Mary"
(synonym) encounter, play, take on
(hyponym) confront, face
(entail) compete, vie, contend
(derivation) sports meeting
11. experience as a reaction; "My proposal met with much opposition"
(synonym) encounter, receive
(hypernym) have, experience
12. undergo or suffer; "meet a violent death"; "suffer a terrible fate"
(hypernym) experience, undergo, see, go through
13. be in direct physical contact with; make contact; "The two buildings touch"; "Their hands touched"; "The wire must not contact the metal cover"; "The surfaces contact at this point"
(synonym) touch, adjoin, contact
(hyponym) cover, spread over
1. being precisely fitting and right; "it is only meet that she should be seated first"
measure, gauge, scale, size, meter, metre, mete, compute, girt
potkat (se); sejít se; setkat se; seznámit se; jít komu naproti; utkat se; sbíhat se; pokrýt; uhradit; zvládnout